How to Adopt A Companion Animal
SPECIAL NOTICE: Adoptable pets spend their weekdays in foster homes. They are not available for viewing at the office except by appointment and during adoption fairs.
Thank you for your interest in adopting a pet from Dreampower Animal Rescue. To get started, complete our Adoption Application
Or, if you prefer, print the application and bring it with you to your adoption. (requires Adobe Reader) Or you may contact us and let us know of your interest. The following people can help out, too:
You can now place a "Hold" on your kitten. Learn more about our hold program. Here is some more information about what to expect and how to go about your adoption:
- You will first need to complete an adoption application so that we can gather the information we need to process your request. If you wish, you can print the application and bring it with you to our adoption fair, or submit your application online. Please visit an adoption fair to meet your prospective pet and complete the appropriate paperwork. Our adoption fairs are held every Saturday from 11:00 - 3:00 (excluding holiday weekends) at the Petsmart Citadel Crossing located on the East side of Academy between Platte Ave & Galley Rd.
- You'll be asked to sign an adoption agreement that states you agree with the terms and and conditions of your adoption.
- In the unlikely event you can not continue to keep your adopted pet, you are required to please return the pet to Dreampower for placement with another family. Part of our mission is to give every animal as many chances as needed to find a home.
- Upon approval of your application, you will be asked to pay a tax deductible donation to complete the adoption process. Dreampower is a nonprofit organization. Donations from both private and corporate sponsors, as well as the donations received for adoptions, provide all of our organizations funding.
With your cat or dog adoption, you receive:
- Spay or Neuter
- Free Veterinarian Exam
- ID Tag Registered with Dreampower
- Cardboard Pet Carrier for Cats
- Puppy/Kitten Deworming
- Canine Distemper Combination (DHLPP) Vaccination
- Feline FeLv/FIV Testing
- Feline Distemper combination (5 Way)
- Feline Leukemia Vaccination
- Complimentary DARF Membership
- Discounts on Dog Obedience Training
- Full Post-Adoption Support
Thank you again for your interest in adopting a pet, and for supporting our effort to rescue companion animals. We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please contact us at either